Quick and Healthy Spring Salads
Fans of salad love spring as it brings lots of vegetables and good energy
Fresh Vegetable-Chicken Salad
Ingredients for 1 person:
- 150 gr chicken breast fillet
- 5 leaves iceberg salad
- 1 fresh tomato
- 5-6 fresh mushrooms
- 4-5 olives stuffed with peppers
- 5 pieces zucchini
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2-3 spoons freshly squeezed lemon juice
- Brush some olive oil on chicken breast fillets, allow to sit for a while and then fry.
- Wash and cut up the vegetables, but leave the mushrooms whole.
- When the fillets are almost done, add the mushrooms for 3-4 minutes and then do the same for the zucchini for 2-3 min.
- When the meat and vegetables are done, place the green salad on a plate with a few drops of olive oil and lemon juice, add some salt. Place the tomato, meat, zucchini, mushrooms and chopped-up olives on the salad. Pour the remainder of the lemon juice over everything.
- 4 cups mixed green salad (iceberg lettuce, rocket etc.)
- 2 cups sprouts of your choice
- 2 medium cucumbers, chopped up
- 1 avocado
- 1 tablespoon sunflower seeds
- 1 tablespoon pumpkin seeds
- fresh parsley
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/8 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- half a teaspoon mustard
salt and pepper
- After washing and cutting up all vegetables, place them in a bowl with the seeds and mix throughout.
- In another bowl, mix all the ingredients for the dressing and pour it over the salad and sprinkle the freshly-chopped parsley on top.